There is no hiding from bad skin when you’re on camera every day. As much as I’d love to sometimes, I can’t rub Vaseline on the camera lens (dammit!) or hide messy skin with lighting.
So naturally, you want your skin from head to toe to look smooth and supple and you can actually do that … naturally.
I’ve tried millions of beauty products and potions but have come to love those which are basic and derived from the earth when possible.
If I’m going to be slathering myself in products every day, I feel better knowing they’re natural, with no nasties.
Many of us need to chillax when it comes to our beauty routine. I know I did! Too much product and over-exfoliating was actually causing breakouts and uneven skin.
So here are some natural products which really work.
- A face washer. Simple. Use it with your cleanser to wash you face everyday and this will help to really gently exfoliate your skin too.
- If you use tan, on your face especially, check out what’s actually in it. Is it greasy and full of chemicals? It could be the cause of your breakouts.
- Coconut oil. Grab this amazing stuff from your pantry and use it as a body moisturiser. It’s great in winter when your skin is extra dry. You’ll smell yummy too!
- Body brush. Dry brushing your body before a shower, in long strokes towards your heart has many benefits: removing dead skin cells, getting your lymphatic system moving and has even been known to reduce cellulite.
- Essential oils. I use an oil mister in my bedroom at home to relax. I mix different oil concoctions for meditation or vitality etc. I then use some lavender oil or geranium on my wrists sometimes instead of perfume. The memory of that smell of my bedroom takes me to a calm place and the fragrance is so pure and earthy.
All of these are affordable because you won’t paying for the fancy packaging… just investing in your natural beauty!